Sunday, June 05, 2005

Turkey 2005 - the day before

Well, it's Sunday 5th June 2005 and I'm trying to get ready for the tour of Turkey with The River Band. I leave on Monday at 7:00pm and arrive in Istanbul 2:00am on Tuesday. Before then I have to perfect the songs we are going to play, getting used to a new bass while I'm at it (thank you Lord for that!), pack (I HATE that bit - always afraid I'll forget something!), buy a new pair of shoes (probably better to do that BEFORE I pack), and, of course, spend as much time with my family as I can.

The schedule has 8 concerts at the moment, as follows:

Friday, 10 June: Seaside amphitheatre - Istanbul
Saturday, 11 June: American Miltary Base, Balgat-Ankara
Sunday, 12 June: Batikent Protestant Church - Ankara
Tuesday, 14 June: Sumerler Amphitheatre - Antakya
Wednesday, 15 June: Altunvadi Restaurant (Yusuf's Place) - Antakya
Friday, 17 June: Independent Protestant Church Courtyard - Izmir
Saturday, 18 June: Izmir
Sunday, 19 June: Izmir

If you know what Turkey looks like, you'll see that there is one heck of a lot of travelling hidden in there, plus three days of rehearsals at the beginning.

So prayers, you ask? Well for the family I'll leave at home, safety in travelling, conviviality in the relationships between band members (I've never met them before) and, the biggest, a receptive audience and changed lives at each concert.

The tour verses are: Philippians 1:27-29 - pray that we live up to that too (but not TOO much suffering please Lord :-))

Prayers of praise too - the tour is fully financed!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Famille Monge said...

Good thin man ! A couple of my prayers with you, Bro. God bless you in these trips.
See ya very soon Man !

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home